Nominations for Open Source Awards are accepted at any time by sending an
email to the nominations mailing list. Since there's a person and not a machine at the other end of the address, please observe these guidelines:
- Read the Charter
- Put the name of the person or project you are nominating in the Subject line;
- Include a short (max. one paragraph) description of why the nominee deserves an award;
- Provide a link to the project or person's home page.
- Do not attempt to mail bomb the list with hundreds of nominations for a particular person or project.
- Send plain text email messages, not HTML.
The perfect nomination email would look something like this:
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: B. Wumpus of The Banana Wumpus Project
Project leader B. Wumpus deserves an OSA because...
Nominations will be collated monthly and submitted to the Collegium for review. Questions about the Open Source Awards should be directed here.